In the past, summer has been a time I’ve moved farther away from Jesus. It’s been a time where I’ve taken a break from everything. Including Him.
Last summer was different. Last summer, I did an online Bible study with Good Morning Girls. It was a way to be close to God – even if it was summer.
Now, summer is upon us again. How you spend your quiet time can be crucial. It could decide where you are in your relationship with God.
Today, I’d like to share with you five elements that have helped me in my quiet times:
- Pray. I like to have a list with everything I pray for everyday. I also like to write my prayers. Sometimes, I pray my own prayers or prayers others have written. This creates a variety in my prayer life.
- Read the Bible. If you really want to go deep, you could read a chapter or more. A lighter version could be to read one or two verses, and really meditate on them.
- Use a Bible study book. I haven’t done many of these myself, but I like the first 5 experience guides and A woman who doesn’t quit.
- Read something from a book. Choose a christian book you really want to read. A few pages a day is enough and it will enrich your study!
- Watch TV. I’m not talking movies here! Sometimes I watch 15 minutes of a christian video based resource. I recommend itbn and the first 5 app (there’s a video each Saturday).
Let me assure you, I don’t do all this every morning. I always pray and read the Bible. Sometimes this is enough. When I want to go deeper, I’ll add some of the suggestions above.
Take action: Pick one of the suggestions above and try it out. Be expectant to what God will do when you add a few extra minutes to your quiet time and go deeper!
In His love,
This post is linked up to #FridayFive